Metal Roofing Benefits
There are numerous reasons that metal roofing has enjoyed a huge surge in popularity over the last several years, and when you review the different benefits that it has to offer it isn’t hard to see why so many Nacogdoches, TX homeowners are considering metal roofing.
- Durability – Asphalt shingles are reliable, but metal roofing is even more durable than they can be. In fact, metal roofing can withstand winds of up to 140 MPH and stand up to hailstorms that would normally shred a traditional roof. And it isn’t weakened in any way by the Texas sun.
- Discounts – In fact, metal roofing is so durable and provides so much protection to a home that if you purchase metal roofing that meets certain specs, you could receive as much as a 35% discount on your Tyler homeowner’s insurance.
- Energy Efficient – Choosing a light colored metal roof will reflect a huge amount of sunlight back off of your home. This can help reduce cooling costs and lower the temps inside. In hot weather areas, this can reduce your cooling costs by 25% or more.
- Eco-Friendly – Did you know that 20 billion pounds of asphalt shingles go into the country’s landfills every year? Metal roofs can be recycled, however, and are often made of recycled materials. In other words, they’re a more earth-friendly choice.
- Easier Installs – Many people don’t realize it, but metal roofing can usually be installed right over an existing roof. There is usually no need to remove existing shingles, which translates to less impact on the environment as well as a faster completion time with much less cleanup or mess.